Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Like a Dragon or Yakuza: Like a Dragon known in Japan as Like a Dragon Movie Version (龍が如く 劇場版 Ryū ga Gotoku Gekijōban?) is a 2007 Japanese crime film directed by Takashi Miike. A live action adaptation of the 2005 PlayStation 2 video game Yakuza, the film stars Kazuki Kitamura, Goro Kishitani, Show Aikawa, Yoshiyoshi Arakawa, Kenichi Endo and Tomorowo Taguchi. This game's storytelling was inspired by yakuza films and is the original episode of a successful franchise that has since expanded to 6 episodes plus spin-offs and an original video film called Like a Dragon: Prologue.
The English subtitled version premiered on June 23, 2008 at the New York Asian Film Festival '08, and was released on DVD on February 23, 2010 by a Media Blasters affiliate.
The plot is loosely based on the original Yakuza game and is a "one-night-story" that unfolds in a hot summer night in Kamurocho, the fictitious version of Tokyo Shinjuku'sKabukichō.
The night begins with a bank robbery by a manzai duo of amateur masked gunmen, and the disappearance of ten billion yen from the Tojo Clan's deposits. Meanwhile, in Kamurocho streets, former yakuza Kazuma Kiryu and a young girl called Haruka Sawamura search forMizuki Sawamura the youngster's mother and the former's childhood love, with Kiryu's rival, psychotic yakuza, Goro Majima and his gang on their trail.
After a meeting with Kiryu and Haruka in the convenience store Poppo, employee Satoru and his new girlfriend Yui decide to start holding up stores for money and for fun. Elsewhere in the district a mysterious South Korean hitman, Park, tracks down the culprit behind the Tojo Clan heist which leads him toward the infamous Jingu or Mister N and the Millennium Tower.
The search for Mizuki brings Kiryu to the top of the Millennium Tower and ends with a clicmatic battle with yakuza Akira Nishikiyamawhich is Kiryu's childhood best friend (they were raised in the same orphanage see Like a Dragon: Prologue) gone deadly enemy.
List of Yakuza series characters
- Kazuki Kitamura as Kazuma Kiryu (桐生一馬)
- Natsuo as Haruka Sawamura (澤村遥)
- Goro Kishitani as Goro Majima (真島吾朗)
- Shun Shioya as Satoru (悟)
- Saeko as Yui (唯)
- Haruhiko Kato as Kazuki (一輝)
- Saki Takaoka as Yumi Sawamura (澤村由美) / Mizuki Sawamura (美月)
- Show Aikawa as detective Noguchi (野口刑事)
- Gong Yoo as Park the Korean hitman (朴)
- Yutaka Matsushige as Makoto Date (伊達真)
- Claude Maki as Akira Nishikiyama (錦山彰)
- Yoshiyoshi Arakawa as the Korean-Japanese weapon smuggler (武器屋)
- Kenichi Endou as Imanishi the bank robber (今井)
- Sansei Shiomi as Shintaro Kazama (風間新太郎)
- Tomorowo Taguchi as the Korean-Japanese barbershop owner
- Toshihiro Nagoshi as Jingu but listed as Mister N (ミスターN)
- Alexander Otsuka as a Yakuza (ヤクザ